The DEWALT Miter Saw, Double-Bevel, Compound, 12-Inch, 15-Amp (DWS716) is perfect for the Urban Homestead. This is exactly what you need to cut boards for your wood-raised garden beds, and build a chicken run or fence in your property boundary. A good quality chop saw is essential on the homestead. It is not required to get a saw that supports bevel cuts, but it does not cost that much more as seen with this model. These types of cuts are essential for making clean corners. If you plan on doing work on the inside of your home make sure you have a double bevel miter saw. Without it is very difficult to cut all your trim and molding pieces.
This saw will fit perfectly on a mobile workbench so you can take it out from the garage to near your work site for the day. Dewalt is an excellent brand for DIY’ers. Overall, Dewalt seems to be above average in terms of quality for most of their lineup of tools and certainly, this miter saw will cut boards all day and season long.
DWS716 DEWALT Miter Saw
- Stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops delivers repeatable accuracy and worksite durability for the 12-inch miter saw blade.
- Tall sliding fences of the mitre saw support crown molding up to 6-5/8-inch nested and base molding up to 6-1/2-inch vertically against fence.
- Double-bevel design of DEWALT miter saw allows the saw to bevel between 0 degrees and 48 degrees to the left and right with positive stops at 0 degree, 22.5 degree, 33.9 degree, and 45 degree.
- 0 degree – 50 degree left and right miter capacity. Power Tool Type: Corded.
- Cam lock miter handle with detent override delivers quick and accurate miter angles.
While it is possible to use just a circular saw for all your basic woodworking projects around the gardens and house. A proper miter saw with a sharp blade on a mobile workbench will allow you to be so much more efficient with your projects.